Claim Multiple Dwellings Relief (MDR) on your Stamp Duty Land Tax
Are you considering claiming Multiple Dwellings Relief for Stamp Duty Land Tax? The specific rules and calculations for Multiple Dwellings Relief can be complex, and it is always advisable to seek professional advice or consult the official guidelines provided by HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) to determine the eligibility and applicable relief for a particular transaction.
We can help you with:
- SDLT MDR on Permitted Developments
- MDR on off-plan purchase
- MDR on properties under construction
- MDR on multiple flat purchases
- Subsidiary Dwelling relief when claiming MDR
- MDR on Studio or office home
MDR doesn’t apply automatically. You have to make the claim !!!
Multiple dwelling (MDR) rates
- On the purchase price a minimum of 1% tax must be paid
- 3% additional SDLT rate for residential property purchases
- Mixed-use properties are exempt from the 3% surcharge and pay commercial stamp duty rates, it does not apply on residential properties.